Makeup Survival Kit: College
Hello college bound Hamaholics! College is going to be a jungle and you’ll need a survival kit to get you through it. Here are a few items that I would include before embarking on your adventure.
You should always have a great foundation that really matches your skin. I’ve learned throughout the years that foundation can make or break your makeup. You want one that will enhance your skin.
- Make Up For Ever “HD Foundation”
- Maybelline “Fit”
- M.A.C. “Mineralize Skinfinish”
I think everyone should have at least one concealer in their kit. It will get you through those nasty zits and dark circles from a long night of cramming. When picking a concealer, I prefer an all-in-one. I try to find a formula that won’t look cakey under my eyes, but is thick enough to cover blemishes.
- Benefit “Erase Paste” Perfect for raccoon eyes, after pulling an all night-er.
- M.A.C. “Studio Finish Concealer” It’s got you covered.
- Make Up For Ever “Full Cover” It’s waterproof, so have it handy when you ditch class for a skinny dip in the lake.
- Bobbi Brown “Corrector” When concealer isn’t enough, you can use a corrector. This is for an extreme case of zombie-face. The peach neutralizes the darkness under your eye.
You need a setting powder for those long, grueling school days. It keeps everything in place and stops your face from melting.
- Make Up For Ever “HD” & “Super Matte Loose Powder” It helps battle oil so you can focus on hitting the books.
I never knew the importance of eye primer until I actually starting using it. It keeps my lids less oily and helps my eyeshadow and eyeliner from smudging all day.
- Make Up For Ever It’s primer that you can always rely on, just like a best friend.
- Urban Decay Keeps you from having Panda eyes.
- Too Faced First eye primer I used and fell in love with, since it kept my eyeshadow from creasing and smudging. It also goes on smoothly with a satin finish.
Want those eyes to pop? You’ll need to line them with a bold waterproof eyeliner. You’ll need them to stay in school all day.
- Revlon “Colorstay Eyeliner” First eyeliner that didn’t leave me with panda eyes.
- Make Up For Ever “Aqua Eyes Eyeliner” Glides on smooth and stays on forever.
- Maybelline “Black Ultra Eyeliner” Stays on like a temporary tattoo and is great if you want a thin line, since it has a fine tip.
Mascara is like a push up bra for your lashes. It gives you that extra umph and enhances what you’ve got. Did I forget to mention it gives you mesmerizing eyes?
- Max Factors “2000 Calories” I haven’t seen it in drug stores for years but this is the best mascara I’ve ever used. It gave me doll eyes and kept my lashes curled. The best part is that I didn’t have to worry about it flaking.
- Revlon “Grow Luscious” Lengthens my lashes and makes them look fuller.
Eyeshadow is fun and helps change up your look. You can’t go wrong with a palette of neutral colors.
- Urban Decay “Naked” This is a must have, since these 12 colors are so versatile and pigmented.
- Inglot You can create your own palette at the store. These eyeshadows are highly pigmented and affordable.
An eyebrow pencil, wax, and powder can do wonders by polishing and framing your face.
- M.A.C. “Eyeshadow” It’s not technically made for eyebrows but does the job! I love that it doesn’t fade.
You need blush to liven your face, especially when you look like you belong in a Cullen family photo. To get a natural blush, like the one you would get after that shirtless Jacob moment, apply it to the apples of your cheek. Also, remember to sweep up to your hairline.
- M.A.C. “Sunbasque” A highly pigmented color with a little shimmer that can be used as blush and bronzer.
- Nars “Orgasm”: Versatile color that fits most skin tones.
If you want to look like you came from spring break in Cancun, use bronzer. Matte bronzer is better for contouring, while shimmery bronzer is better for that sun-kissed glow.
- Too Faced “Snow Bunny” “Sun Bunny” “Pink Leopard” You’ll look like a golden goddess with this trio.
- Victoria’s Secret Think, Miranda Kerr.
You don’t need every color, but purchase a few staple lipstick colors that change up your look.
- Red Every girl needs red lipstick, but it’s tricky to find one that really suits you. Cherry-red is better for lighter skin, while medium skin tones fit more with a true red. Orange-red or wine color is better for darker skin tones.
- Tangerine & Coral A fun summer color.
- Pink You want a pink that is closest to you natural lip color.
- Nude Sexy, when paired with a smokey eye. Play up either your eyes or lips, but not both.
- Hot Pink & Fuschia It’s loud and fierce. Great for a night out, but you can also wear it during the day if you only have eyeliner on.
M.A.C. Their lipsticks are highly pigmented and have a big range of colors.
- Red: Matte Russian Red
- Hot Pink: Amplified Impassioned
- Fuschia: Girl About Town
- Tangerine: Super Lustrous Kiss Me Coral #750
- Pink: Colorburst Candy Pink
- Stockholm Soft Matte Lip Cream: This is a nude shade that is not exactly a lipstick but when applied, looks like one.
You don’t always need to use lipliners, but I highly recommend using them with bright colors like: red, fuschia, and hot pink. Lipliners keep the color from fading and straying away from your lips.
- M.A.C. “Cherry” Paired up with Matte Russian Red is a combination that can be both geeky-chic and sexy vixen.
- M.A.C. “Beet” Works well with “Girl About Town” and is sure to get the college boys swooning.
- NYX “810 Natural” Pair it with Stockholm for muted lips and bold eyes when you’re ready to hit frat row.
When you want a quick, subtle hint of color and want to glamor up your look, smother your lips with gloss. When you’re in a rush to get to class and have no time for makeup, then lipgloss is a sure way to give you that easy “A”.
- Revlon “Colorbusrt 026” An everyday lipgloss.
- Revlon “160 Red” Can be worn on top of lipstick or alone.
- Nars “Turkish Delight” To top off your nude lips.
- Smash Box “Candy” Lollipop pink.
Now that your survival kit is all set, you are ready for your journey through the wild. It’s survival of the fittest and that’s you!