Festive Nails for Chinese New Year: Konad Stamps
Happy Lunar New Year!
It’s the most spectacular holiday in the lunar calendar and 2016 is the year of the Monkey. Lunar New Year is a day to visit relative’s and bring gifts. My husband is Chinese, so we’re preparing for the festivities.I’ll be getting ready for the new year by painting my nails a beautiful bold red, the national color of China. Red symbolizes good luck and fortune. For some glamour, I added a golden floral print to each nail by using my Konad stamp. Gold is a lucky color worn by emporers as well as a symbol of lavishness in the Chinese culture. Polishes: OPI Base Coat, USL Airlines in KBJ Kings Canyon, OPI Nail Lacquer in Cashmere, and OPI Top Coat.
- Prep your nails by applying base coat to keep the nails from chipping.
- Brush a thin coat of red nail polish and wait for it to dry. I used Kings Canyon, which is my favorite shade of red. I used one coat, but you can apply two.
- Using the Konad kit, brush the gold lacquer onto the stencil you want.
- Remove the excess polish with the scraper in one swiping motion.
- Take the stamp and press onto the plate to transfer the design
- Stamp your nail by going from one direction to the other.
- Once it’s dry brush on a top coat.
I hope these nails bring you good fortune! Good luck! How are you celebrating Chinese New Year?
Happy New Year!